Meet the Ultimaker 3, the 3D printer that allows to print complex designs with high grade industrial materials. With great hardware and software, the Ultimaker 3 is designed to offer the best 3d printing experience possible.
Pre-defined material profiles enable you to print with all the Ultimaker materials without hassle.
Professional and reliable 3D printing made accessible.
- Dual extrusion: full geometric freedom in design through ability to print complex geometries.
- Swappable Print Cores: High uptime and low maintenance due to materialmatching Print Core designs.
- Seamless Experience: Integration of hardware, software and materials configuration and full settings alignment ensures an efficient workflow and a repeatable highquality output.
- Connectivity: Ethernet and Wifi network capabilities ensure easy access and efficient workflow
A flexible and powerful tool
- Accessibility: Multiple users now have access to professional 3D printing. Easy to start with 3D printing, easy to use and maintain, and with low total cost of ownership.
- Open and flexible platform that allows and encourages experimentation and creativity.
- Developed to provide a powerful tool for professional applications.
- Excellent service provided locally through a network of trained and certified distribution partners.
Professional printing made accessible
- Dual Extrusion with lifting mechanism on second nozzle
- Swappable Print Cores optimized for build- and supportmaterial
- Network Connectivity (Wifi, Ethernet)
- Automation: Integration of hardware, software and materials configuration Active Bed Leveling Built-in Camera Print Monitoring
- Full range of engineering materials
- Open infrastructure
Swappable Print Cores
Coming soon, iOS & Android app for Ultimaker 3
Printer and printing properties
|Technology||Fused Filament Fabrication|
|Print head||Dual nozzle, with lifting mechanism on 2nd nozzle.
Easily swappable printcores. 197x215x200mm
|Build volume||Left nozzle: 215x215x200mm
Right nozzle: 215x215x200mm
Dual material: 197x215x200mm
|Filament diameter||2.85 mm|
|Layer resolution||0.4mm nozzle: 20 – 200 micron|
|Step accuracy X, Y, Z||12.5, 12.5, 2.5 micron|
|Print head travel speed||30 – 300 mm/s|
|Material flow speed||0.40: up to 16mm³/s|
|Build plate||Heated glass bed|
|Material types||PLA, PVA, ABS, CPE, Nylon|
|Nozzle temperature||180 – 280 ºC|
|Build plate temperature||20 – 100 ºC|
|Nozzle heat up time||< 2 min|
|Build plate heat up time||< 4 min (20 – > 60 ºC)|
|Average operation noise||50 dBA|
|Nozzle replacement||Easily swappable printcores|
|Filament storage||Open, reel holder incl guide for 2 spools of 750g
NFC system to automatically detect material type
|Connectivity||Wifi, ethernet, stand alone via USB-drive|
|Bed levelling||Active leveling|
|Printer outer dimensions (incl bowden tube and spoolholder)||49,3 x 33,8 x 58,8 cm|
|Printer outer dimensions (excl bowden tube and spoolholder)||35,7 x 33,8 x 38,8 cm|
|Nett weight||10,6 kg|
|Shipping weight||15,5 kg|
|Shipping box dimensions||39,0 x 38,0 x 56,5 cm|
|Input||100 – 240V
|Output||221 W max.
24 V DC, 9.2 A
|Ambient operating conditions||15 – 32 ºC, 10 – 90% RH non condensing
Refer to material specs for optimal operating conditions
|Storage conditions printer||0 – 32 ºC|
|Supplied software||Cura 2 – Official Ultimaker Software|
|Supported OS||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|File types||STL, OBJ, 3MF|
|File transfer||Print direct from Cura via Network, Stand alone USB drive printing|